Sunday, April 19, 2009

MEXICAN FOOD CRAVINGS...

Learn to make your own low-fat versions. I have a craving tonight for it, so I've got a pkg of boneless beef ribs. I'm going to slice across them to make thin slices. Then I'll brown them in a skillet with fat-free spray. Then I'm going add a pkg of Taco Bell taco seasoning mix and a little water. Then I'll put a lid on it and let it simmer. I'm going to make some"fried" potatoes to go with it. I peel them and cut them up in little slivers and put them in the skillet with no-fat spray on sort of medium-low heat. Just let them cook slowly until done. I have a can of Taco Bell fat-free refried beans which I'll heat up. I stopped at Rosa's Cantina restaurant and bought a 1/2 pint of pico de gallo to dump on everything.Pico de gallo is good. It's hot! It has jalapenos and onions in it. Both of those are supposed to help with your metabolism. I believe they do. I use them in everything I can come up with recipe-wise! Now I'm hungry after telling what I'm gonna do!

No comments:

Post a Comment