Sunday, April 19, 2009

HOME-MADE POT PIE

I hada craving for homemade pot pie. You can buy crescent roll dough in sheets now. I had a can of chicken in the pantry and leftover boiled potatoes in the refrigerator,so...

2 cans of crescent roll dough
1 can of chicken breast meat packed in water
about 2 cups of diced boiled potatoes
small can of vegetable(s) of your choice
your choice of seasonings
1 can Healthy Request reduced fat cream of chicken soup

Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and heat.Put one can of dough in the bottom of the piepan. When the filling is hot,spread it in the bottom on top of the dough. put the other can of dough on top and pinch the edges together.Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Now you just have to make yourself NOT EAT THE WHOLE THING!My daughter was nuts for it. I went to estate sales again this weekend and I found 4 of those little corning ware pans that are about 4 inches across and next time I'm gonna make 4 small pies instead of the one big one! Oh! Almost forgot...didnt have to worry about the leftovers because my daughter claimed those right away for when she got home from school the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment