Sunday, April 19, 2009

LOW-FAT TACO MEATLOAF

Last night, I planned to make meatloaf. When my daughter saw the pkg of ground beef she started talking about tacos. I didn't have the stuff to make tacos,so I had to improvise to satisfy the taco urge that she put in my head. Voila! Taco Meatloaf was born!


1 pound superlean ground beef (96/4%)

1/2 onion,chopped

1 can tomato sauce

1 egg white (3 Tbsp. liquid egg white)

About a 1/4 cup of zesty bread crumbs

Salt and pepper, to taste

1 envelope taco seasoning mix


Mix everything, but only half the can of tomato sauce and half the taco seasoning, together.Put it in your baking dish. Mix the rest of the taco seasoning in the other half can of tomato sauce and pour it on top of the meatloaf. Bake until done at 350 degrees.

When I make meatloaf, I use one of those vegetable steamer thingys that folds out like a flower.I put it in a pieplate and open it up. Then I put the meatloaf mixture on it in a ring. It only takes about 45 minutes to bake that way and the what little fat there is drips through the holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment